FIELD SERVICES – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners, and will offer a stimulating and rewarding work environment. We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are looking for a candidate to join us in our Field Services position. This position is ideal for someone who is looking for long-term employment and is interested in growing with our company.
The Field Services position will be responsible for the following:
• Visiting the site to view construction progress and to verify that construction is as per structural requirements
• Interpreting the drawings and relaying this information to the Contractor
• Responding to RFI’s
• Preparing and issuing Structural Sketch Groups
• Being responsible for and coordinating structural related construction administration services for several projects concurrently.
• 5 years’ experience in Construction/Engineering related activities with concrete, wood and steel
• An understanding of engineering principles
• Experience reading structural engineering drawings for buildings,
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
• Diploma of Technology in Civil & Structural Engineering or equivalent.
Salary to be determined based on experience and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after 3 months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume. We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply