INTERMEDIATE DRAFTING TECHNICIAN – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic, and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service, and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners and will provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Drafting Technician on a full-time basis to prepare structural drawings using engineering designs and related technical information. Under the direction of the Drafting Manager, the ideal candidate will be thorough in ensuring they can deliver quality, accurate work in a timely manner while showing a strong understanding of buildable design solutions.
- • Prepare drawings relating to structural engineering of buildings
- • Assist Engineers with the layout of structures
- • Review plans and specifications
- • Coordinate drawings with other consultants
- • Plot and issue drawings as required by the project team
- • Determine special detailing or drafting requirements for a particular project
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- • Competent with AutoCAD (2020)
- • Ability to read and interpret structural, architectural, and shop drawing sets
- • High level of spatial intelligence
- • Familiar with structural materials, hardware, and processes
- • Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
- • Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and administrative software
- • Experience working with Revit Structure (an asset)
- • Strong organizational and self-directed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- • Strong capacity to assess information and to draw sound conclusions that show judgement, intelligence and commonsense
- • Thoroughness in completing tasks with attention to accuracy
- • Ability to work in a team environment, working towards common goals and objectives
Required Training & Experience
- • Drafting Technician Certification or equivalent (in Canada)
- • Minimum 5 years Canadian experience in a structural drafting position
Salary to be determined based on experience and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after three months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Interested in joining our team? Please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be an excellent fit for this position.