PROJECT ENGINEER – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic, and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service, and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners and will provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer on a full-time basis to provide structural design for projects and lead, mentor, and manage teams of Engineers working on multiple residential, commercial, institutional, and educational projects. Under the Senior Project Engineer’s direction, the ideal candidate will have proven leadership and project management skills to empower and positively influence their project teams while showing a strong understanding of buildable design solutions.
- • Responsible for the planning and execution of multiple structural engineering projects, including the management of project hours, invoicing, and billing projections
- • Produce preliminary structural sketches and prepare calculations and sketches for structural elements
- • Review and provide feedback on high-level concepts, calculations and structural specifications to Junior and Intermediate Engineers
- • Seal drawings as required as the Engineer of Record (EOR)
- • Assist and provide input in preparing proposal submissions
- • Maintenance and development of business network opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- • Proficient with Canadian Building & Material Codes (Wood, Concrete, and Steel)
- • Expertise in building design and construction in concrete and wood
- • Adept with structural analysis software such as ETABS and SAFE
- • Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills
- • Advanced organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- • Strong capacity to assess information and communicate decisions that support sound judgement and experienced analysis
- • Ability to work in a team environment, building strong, empowered relationships that support common goals and objectives
Required Training & Experience
- • Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
- • MUST be registered as a Struct. Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- • Minimum of 8 years of direct experience designing commercial, residential, and municipal buildings in Canada
- • Experienced in managing structural design teams to meet multiple project deadlines
Salary to be determined based on experience and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after 3 months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume. We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply