PROPOSAL WRITER & ADMINISTRATOR – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic, and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service, and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners and will provide a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are currently looking for a Proposal Writer and Administrator to join our Burnaby team. Working under the direction of the senior Engineering team, the ideal candidate will excel in their ability to analyze, understand, and communicate technical information. They will have experience in the proposal development process within engineering, design, or construction industries. Able to work independently yet collaboratively, this person will be a resourceful self-starter who has an eye for design aesthetics, is detail-oriented and is effective at balancing multiple priorities and deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Directly contribute and assist with preparation, coordination and development of engineering proposals under the direction of the senior engineering team
• Organizing, updating and archiving proposal resource libraries and documentation
• Creation and sourcing of images, charts, and other graphics for proposal use
• Accurate tracking of completed proposals for conversion analytics and follow-up
• Updating of brochures, PowerPoint presentations and other marketing collateral
• Contribution to technical content for digital marketing platforms
• Project folder set-up and updates in various software programs
• Administration of change order requests and additional services within the project management software
• Assist with yearly award submissions
• Special projects as assigned by the Principals
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Demonstrated written and verbal English communication skills with an aptitude for understanding technical terminology
• Exceptional organizational and self-directed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines
• A meticulous eye for detail and design aesthetics
• Resourceful and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities
• Ability to work in a team environment, working towards common goals and objectives
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Familiar with using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat) or similar design programs
• Graphic design capabilities are considered an asset
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 to 4 years of experience with technical proposal writing, administration and coordination
• Post-secondary education in English, marketing, communication, journalism or another related field
• Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the engineering, design or construction industries
Salary to be determined based on experience and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after three months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Interested in joining our team? Please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be an excellent fit for this position.Apply