RECEPTIONIST – Vancouver, BC
WHM Structural Engineers is a young, energetic and quickly growing firm serving Canada and the USA. We envision becoming a leading international structural engineering firm that clients and partners value. By continuously offering a collaborative approach, creative solutions, exceptional service and technical excellence, WHM will deliver unparalleled value to clients and partners, and will offer a stimulating and rewarding work environment.
We are looking for dynamic, enthusiastic people committed to providing quality service throughout each project. Join the WHM team, have fun and share in our growth!
We are currently looking for a Receptionist to join our Burnaby team. Working closely with our Administrative Assistant, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to our Principals, Office Manager and engineering staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Answering the phone and directing calls to the appropriate person
• Welcoming visitors into our office
• Assisting clients on the phone
• Arranging couriers
• Maintaining our client database and address book
• Maintaining the office
• Ordering office supplies
• Bank deposits
• Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks as assigned by Principals and Office Manager.
Qualifications & Skills:
In order to thrive in this role, you will need to possess the following key qualities:
• Minimum of 3 years experience in an office environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Extremely well organized
• Excellent follow-up skills; able to keep track of a variety of tasks and follow up when necessary to ensure completion
• Ability to work well with a variety of people
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Valid driver’s license (this position is responsible for running errands for the office)
• Above all, you are an enthusiastic and flexible team player with a can-do attitude… no task is too small!
Salary to be determined based on experience and a comprehensive benefits plan is available after 3 months of employment. We offer a great team environment and enjoy many company activities and social events throughout the year. Most importantly, we value our employees and like to see them grow with our company.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for this position. We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply