WEST VANCOUVER RESIDENCE 1
Situated on a sloped lot adjacent to a ravine in West Vancouver, this home takes advantage of its beautiful surroundings. The floor to ceiling glazing featured throughout the home provides full exposure of the surrounding greenery to the owners and imparts a sense of integration with nature.
Several substantial cantilevers present the biggest structural challenge in the design of the house. One such cantilever contributes to a “floating” sensation in the dining room, taking full advantage of a 180° view. This home has various elements integrated into its structure including concrete, steel, wood, and glass which allow for the low profile and modern style of the home to prevail.
This project has been featured in a number of architecture and design magazines including Arch Daily, Artravel Magazine, Azure Magazine, Dezeen Magazine, and Urbis Magazine. This project received special mention for the 2015 Architizer A+ Awards and was featured in a Globe & Mail article.
- Location: West Vancouver, BC
- Architect: Splyce Design
- Build: Powers Construction
- Photography: Ivan Hunter
- Further Reading: 150 Best of the Best House Ideas by Francesc Zamora Mola, 2016
- Further Reading: The Globe & Mail (April 29, 2015)
- Further Reading: 2015 Architizer A+ Awards
- Further Reading: Urbis Magazine (December 2014)
- Further Reading: Artravel Magazine (French) (August 28, 2014)
- Further Reading: Arch Daily (August 4, 2014)
- Further Reading: Dezeen Magazine (July 27, 2014)
- Further Reading: Contemporist (July 14, 2014)
- Further Reading: Maison Française Magazine (March 2014)
- Further Reading: Azure Magazine (February 4, 2014)