EAST VANCOUVER RESIDENCE 1
East Van House is a contemporary, 2,300 square foot home located in Vancouver. The house is designed with a dominant asymmetrical geometry to comply with zoning requirements, while also providing space for the tall, main staircase extending the height of the house. Skylights above allow natural light to penetrate deep throughout the house. The design elegantly blends minimalism with a West Coast palette of cedar slates, grey stucco, and folded standing seam metal.
This project was highlighted in February 2015 in an Arch Daily article, in Canadian Architect in June 2014, and in Houzz in April 2015.
- Location: East Vancouver, BC
- Architect: Splyce Design
- Build: Powers Construction
- Further Reading: 150 Best of the Best House Ideas by Francesc Zamora Mola, 2016
- Further Reading: Western Living Magazine (September 2015)
- Further Reading: Houzz (April 17th, 2015)
- Further Reading: Arch Daily (February 5th, 15)
- Further Reading: Contemporist (February 1st, 2015)
- Further Reading: Canadian Architect (June 1st, 2014)